You won't find much info on Neurocam. The admins maintain an effective shroud of mystery over the whole thing, your curiosity will make you want to register to find out. There is an opportunity to become involved now at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I did it for a while in 2004, but it got a bit demanding and I dropped out. They give you assignments like "We are sending you a package, when you get it, be at this location at 9:00 A.M. to make the drop off. Failure to do so will result in severe consequences." If you keep them waiting, they try to scare you by pulling up your personal info even going so far as getting pictures of you and where you live. Starts off spooky and immersive, but my experience it was all tip and no iceberg.
If you want to get involved check www.neurocam.com
Here are the updated terms and conditions for eligibility:
1. We are currently experiencing a disproportionate number of applications from 18 - 22 year old males. If you are a male between 18 and 22 years of age please provide a detailed explanation of why you wish to participate and what you expect to gain from the experience.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
3. Proof of age and gender will be required (scan of drivers licence, passport or any other relevant photo ID).
4. The nature of X04 is such that any attempt to provide spurious information will result in an unrewarding experience.
5. If you are not prepared to commit yourself completely to this experience, do not waste our time and your own by applying.
6. Do not ask for more information; everything you need to know is clearly stated on this web page.
7. All assignments are non-negotiable.
8. Failure to complete any assignment within the designated time-frame will result in automatic expulsion from Neurocam.
9. Once expelled from Neurocam, you will not hear from us again.
10. Participation must be conducted covertly; any persons known to be publicly relating their experiences will be immediately expelled.